10 Coolest Google Search Tricks
Are you an avid user of the Google search engine? Want to know how you can make your search even faster? Here are 10 tricks that you may use for a stress-free search.
10. If you want to get a quick comparison of two foods, you just have to use VS in between the two food names. By using this you will be able to get a side by side breakdown of the details about each item, thus giving you a better comparison. For example, you may type in potato vs sweet potato.
9. If you are doing a search for a broad subject but you want to exclude some words in order for you to get more accurate results, you just have to use the minus (-) sign in the search bar. This way the items with the word written after the minus sign will not be included in the search results.
For example, if you type in Jurassic World park the search result will only give you information about Jurassic World. Those information with the word park in them will not be included in the list.
8. Searching for a certain phrase but youve forgotten some of the words? Dont worry! An asterisk (*) will save the day. Just type in the words that you can remember and for those words that youve forgotten type an asterisk in their place. You can best use this trick if you are searching for a half-recalled lyric or quote.
7. Want to become the envy of your friends? Heres one trick for you. Just type once in a blue moon in the search bar and youll be able to know the mathematical equation of the occurrence of the blue moon.
6. Searching for a definition of a certain word? Save a few clicks on a dictionary website just by using the define command in Google search. Just type in define followed by the word that you want to know the definition of.
For example, if you want to know the definition of love, just type define love and all available definition will show in the results.
5. Miss a classic game that you used to play when you were younger? Just go to Google Search and select images then type in Atari Breakout in the search bar. Youll be able to enjoy your classic game right after the search result appears.
4. If you want to see the list of sites that work just like your favorite site, you may use the related command in Google Search. You just have to type in related followed by a colon and the name of the site that you like.
For example, if you want to see the list of sites that work just like facebook, you may type in related:facebook.com then a list of social media sites will appear in the search results.
3. If you are bored in the office, you may play a little game by typing in zerg rush in Googles search bar. This game is based on a tactic popularized by the game Starcraft. All you have to do is click and kill the zergs so it wont eat up all your search results.
2. Get your search results follow the order of words that you wrote in the search bar by using quotation marks. All you have to do is write quotes around your phrase so that Google will only show the results containing the words in the right order as you wrote them.
For example, you type in Google tricks and the search results will give you information with Google tricks in them. The result will not include information with just tricks or Google in it.
1. Get results from one specific website only by using the site keyword in your search. All you have to do is type in the word that you are searching for followed by the word site and then the site where you want to get results from.
For example, you may type in exercise site youtube and youll get results all coming from YouTube.